It's easy to get caught up in finding the perfect wedding gown, so sometimes the outfits you'll wear for the events surrounding the wedding get left to the last minute. Today we've got some tips from Stylist and Personal Shopper Alison Lukes Teer on how to prepare yourself [and your wardrobe!] to ensure fabulosity at all of your other wedding-related events [think shower, rehearsal dinner, and more].
- Overdress. The occassions celebrating you and your husband to be are all about you. Feel free to over do it - it's one of the only time's it's expected!
- Wear white. Play up your role as the bride wearing white to your shower or engagement party.
- Fit your figure now. Tailoring is every brides' best friend. Make sure your looks fit you perfectly. Squeezing into a size too small or swimming in a dress too big is never a good look.
- Don’t get hung up on etiquette fouls, especially when a person’s intentions are good. Example, a friend's MIL wore ivory to the wedding, however the MIL had no idea that that’s generally not done.
- Love your going away look. If you are changing to leave the wedding, wear something special, yet timeless. Start your married life in a look you love now and always will.
- Do not think that shoes that are uncomfortable will become comfortable. While dancing.
- Remember the point is to enjoy yourself and make wonderful memories. “Perfect” often doesn’t fit into this equation. Trying to make it so will only guarantee that you’re decreasing the odds of enjoying yourself.
Thanks so much to Alison for stopping by today! Be sure to check out Alison Lukes et Cie for fashion advice, closet re-vamping, and more!